Hi all.
Sorry for my frequent questions.
I'm a student of Informatic Engeenering of University of Pisa.
I'm working with TmoteSky motes and TinyOs 2.x on cygwin.

I founded a difference between my tossim simulation and realt tests with
motes.
In Tossim simulation the average message transmission time is about 6,8 ms
In TmoteSky the average transmission time is about 10 ms.

I found in   http://csl.stanford.edu/~pal/pubs/tinyos-programming.pdf  that
 time to turn on/off the CC2420 radio is about:

1.)    0.6ms ------> Turn on the voltage regulator
2.)    X ms (depends on contention) ------>  Acquire the SPI bus to the
radio
3.)    0.86ms ------> Start the radio's oscillator by sending a command over
the bus (0.86ms)
4.)    0.2ms ------> Put the radio in RX mode (0.2ms)

so total time to turn on/off radio is about ( minimum value )  1,66 ms

My question are :
-- This time is  the RxTxDelay ? so after sending a message the radio turns
alway off and then turns on?
-- This time to turn on/off radio is the same for micaz and telosb/TmoteSky
motes?

If this time is the  RxTxDelay--->so dafault value in Tossim "mac" object (
= 0,18 ms  from "opt\tinyos-2.x\tos\lib\tossim\sim_csma.h"  )
is too low respect to this value of 1,66ms , it can be possible that
difference, between average transmission
 time in tossim and in motes, is caused by this too low RxTxDelay default
value  in tossim configuration parameters for a CSMA link.?

thanks very much for your answers

Best Regards

Bye Salvatore.