No the radio is not turned off by default after sending every message.
Even if you have defined LOW_POWER_LISTENING, the radio is turned on and off
regularly maintaining a duty cycle. I dont know what RxTxDelay is. It had no
mention in the CC2420 datasheet.
And I tested experimentally the radio starting time on my micaz motes....
the reults are appended

(you can see that the diff b/w startCommandIssueTime and startDoneTime is
always 2ms)
(note that the value 2ms is accurate only to the order of milliseconds)

Messsage <BlinkToRadioMsg>
  [nodeid=0x1]
  [startCommandIssueTime= 252]
  [startDoneTime= 254]