________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of zhia
howe chong
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 7:21 PM
To: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Tinyos-help] Dear Sir, need help in programming Micaz

HI Sir,

I am a beginner in this micaz and mda320 devices. So far, i have
acquired 4 micaz motes and 4 mda320 platform from my supervisor. Now, my
task is to setup a WSN, where each of the motes will take data for
different readings and different places, and whicn be setup easily.

I have done the first part by just connecting sensor to AD0 port, and
the reading of the data will be displayed in VOLTAGE in Moteview. I have
done some conversion of the reading through formula provided by the
sensor vendors.

Next, my project critical part is this. I have to program the motes so
tat one of the mote, which connects to the mda320, will do counter
purpose. Let say, i connect a rain gauge to that platform, so for every
10 drops of rain, the MDA320 will count the number of rain drops. So,
let say my Mote 2 to Mote 4 are taking data for the temperature at an
interval of 30 minutes, after 10 drops of rain, the Motes will reduce
the interval time to 20 minutes in data recording. When there are even
more frequent of rain drops, the interval time for Mote 2  to Mote 4
will change to 10 minutes of interval time to take reading. How can i
achieve this objective?

Can i use Motework in WIndow XP? How can i edit the binary files using
TinyOS?

Can sir lead me to this in a step-by-step manner? i would appreciate it
a lot.

Best Regards,
David Chong
Petronas University of Technology