Hi Kevin,

On Friday 08 August 2008 08:44:04 am Kevin Klues wrote:
> There is no particular reason other than the newer compiler hasn't
> been thoroughly tested by us to make sure there are no problems with
> it. The  3.2.3 version is known to work and so we stuck with it.

Sorry, I may have mislead you.  I'm sticking for now with 3.2.3 for similar
reasons.  The difference is that I've started testing with the latest build
with latest patches.

> Now
> that we have the debian repository though, there is no reason not to
> allow alternate msp430 packages to be installed (or other tools for
> that matter).  I can just create a 'virtual' msp430-tinyos package
> that is instantiated by the various versions.  That way the tinyos
> packages can depend on the virtual package, and the developer can
> install the version they think is appropriate.

This would be excellent!  I see several people on the list interested in using
the new msp430 parts, so availability of 'testing' packages via the Stanford
repo should help to scratch their collective itches and provide an early
group of testers.

I'll plan on pushing some patches your way for consideration in the next week
or two.  The problem is that I'm not up to speed on apt package development,
so I may need your review and feedback on the patches to get them into shape
for inclusion.

All the best,
Steve