Unfortunately I have never worked with moteworks
and T1 (T1 = tinyos 1.X ?)

I work with tinyos-2.1.1 and the standard i2c component of atmle128L (iris)
which uses the under laying twi (two wire interface)
of the atmel128L chip but it seems that with this
special co2-sensor (with long reaction times and the “clock
synchronization mechanism”) this doesn’t work well.

I guess I have to do bitbanging..

Is it possible to use the sources that you mentioned as a starting point?

Where can I find them?