Sorry I was imprecise.. I started with tinyos 2.1.1
but work with a check out from the googlecode repository.
(Downloaded in august 11)

Anyway i downloaded the newest source today..
but the problem seems to continue!

Because the I2C-Funktions returned EBUSY I thought,
that there was a problem with the arbiter so I tried it
without arbiter an wired experimentally direct to the Atm128I2CMasterPacketP
(via I2CPacket-interface),
but the Problem continued…

I discovered that while the I2C-components returned EBUSY the
software runs through the else-block at the beginning of the
read-function in Atm128I2CMasterPacketP, because of that I tried
to „reset“ the i2c component with the i2c_abort() function..
but as you mentioned this isn’t a good idea..

Have you an idea what can cause such a bad state
in Atm128I2CMasterPacketP and how it can be corrected?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian