On 04/20/2014 06:09 PM, Martin Cerveny wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there some progress or stable/final/tested code for Atmel newer RF chips
> on ZigBit (ATZB) modules ?
> Did someone check/test compatibility with previous chip generations ?
> Is there some TinyOS implementation with XMega CPU (ATxmegaxxx) ?
> And what about ARM Cortex-M0+ CPU (ATSAMR21xxx,
> https://code.google.com/p/tinyos-cortex/) ?
We just bought an R21XplainedPro board, we are playing bit with it but
with atmel studio only. There is almost no documentation (atmel sent us
a very preliminary datasheet). We scheduled to work on a tinyos porting,
but with very-low priority. The problem is that we are not familiar with
cortex and with arm-gcc in general... if anyone wants to join...

> RF:
> - AT86RF233 - compatible with RF230 ?
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-RF-233-1-C.aspx
>     Some references:
>     - http://wiesel.ece.utah.edu/projects/10/
>     - git://wiesel.ece.utah.edu/tinyos/tinyos-prod.git (branch wiesel)
>
> - AT86RF212B - compatible with RF212 ?
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-RF-212B-0-U.aspx
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-RF-212B-0-CN.aspx
>
> CPU&RF:
> - ATmega256RFR2 - compatible with 128RFA1 ?
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-S1-256-3-0-U.aspx
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-S1-256-3-0-C.aspx
We are very familiar with RFA1 (we have a custom board based on this
chip) and we have a couple of RFR2 bought from dresden elektronik, we
didn't had time to focus on RFR2 yet, but it is planned very soon. We
can let you know on any updates about this topic (it seems there are few
changes in transceiver and ADC modules, for the rest they seem the same).

> CPU+RF:
> - ATxmega256A3U + AT86RF233
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-X0-256-3-0-C.aspx
>
> - ATxmega256A3U + AT86RF212B
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-X0-256-4-0-U.aspx
>     - Atmel module - http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-X0-256-4-0-CN.aspx
>
> Thanks for answers, Martin Cerveny

Ugo Maria Colesanti
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale "Antonio
Ruberti"
Sapienza Universita' di Roma
Via Ariosto 25, II floor, room A221
00185, Rome