The ARM toolchain doesn't need anything extra for TinyOS. I would suggest
not to use the Atmel specific one, but the one from launchpad (
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded). I moved away from the CodeBench
one after they got acquired by Mentor.

It really is all about writing drivers for those chips. The port for the
SAM3U and SAM3S are pretty good, though they lack a little bit in low-power
features (e.g. turning peripherals properly on and off).

Cheers,

Thomas

- Thomas