Hello everyone,

I've recently read a paper called "Packet Combining in Sensor
Networks(SenSys'05)" which relates to error correction.
What confuses me is the operations they did to preamble.
In the  experiment  they did ,"the received preamble  was also dumped out along
with each packet".
And in the implementation , " we embed the type of each packet(parity or plain)
in the preamble  so that it does not require additional bits."
It seems that we can read and define the content of preamble in tinyos .

But when I check the CC2420 datasheet ,  it says
"the preamble and start of frame delimiter are generated by hardware"(p17 of
85),
"the preamble sequence is defined to be 4 bytes of 0x00" and "the preamble
length and SFD is configurable"(p36)
It never says the content of preamble is configurable!

So my question is :
Is it possible to read or configure the content of preamble in CC2420 based
radio?And if  possible,how?

Best regards,
Jay