I don't know any textbook authors who don't use their own texts in class! go for it. especially if you think it's a good one.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear Tipsfriends,

I am in the process of ordering my textbooks for my classes at Long Beach City. I would like to use Zimbardo/Weber/Johnson's intro psych book there, but I wrote the study guide and I am concerned that ethically it is dubious for me to order the book for this reason.

For the record, I always RECOMMEND but not require the purchase and use of the study guide. I would do the same in this case. I have no financial interest in the study guide so I would not be receiving royalties for this (I was paid in a lump sum for the project.) I like the textbook AND if some students do buy and use the study guide I would probably get a little useful feedback (although I am ambivalent about this ; ))

What are your respective and collective opinions?

Nancy Melucci
Long Beach City College

E-mail messages scanned by McAfee's WebShield.

--
Tasha R. Howe, Ph.D

E-mail messages scanned by McAfee's WebShield.