Title: Re: Textbook ethics question
I have used my ethics textbook in my ethics classes, but my institution has a conflict-of-interest policy requiring formal approval by the Trustees.  In that document I was also asked to justify my choice.  Even though your situation is different (flat fee up front), you might want to check to ensure that your institution does not have a similar policy and that it does not apply to you.

I also included in the syllabus a rationale for my choice.

Also, as Gary notes, I always gave my students a small envelope containing $2.25 (my half of the royalties after taxes).  Their initial startle turned quickly to satisfied amusement.

Tricia K-S