On 12 Jan 2006 at 7:47, Annette Taylor, Ph. D. wrote:

> Maybe I don't read the 'right' news sources. Do US tipsters know of recent,
> popularized cases of satanic abuse in the US?

Religioustolerance.org (home page http://www.religioustolerance.org/sra.htm)
maintains a website which collects media reports. I browsed through their list
for 2005 (see http://www.religioustolerance.org/sra_rece.htm )

There's actually not much there for 2005 (if that's what Annette means by
"recent") but there are two cases of new allegations in the US (others are in
Britain and in Canada).

2005-FEB-24: USA: Mormon scholar dies; daughter writes book on ritual abuse

2005-MAY-25: Louisiana: Allegations of ritual abuse in local church

There clearly has been a drop-off in these allegations in the US (and
elsewhere) (history at http://www.religioustolerance.org/sra_intro.htm). It's
gratifying to see common-sense winning out at last although it was a long time
in coming.

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Department of Psychology
Bishop's  University
Lennoxville, QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada
Dept web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
TIPS discussion list for psychology teachers at
 http://faculty.frostburg.edu/psyc/southerly/tips/index.htm