I sent that info to a very bright student of mine who, with her husband, runs a farm with sheep and goats. I agree with her, and didn't find the paper to be ridiculous or astonishing at all. Below is an excerpt from her reply:

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Portsmouth NH

   Do I take it that Scott Lilienfeld doubts the efficacy of the
experiment?  Two years ago my neighbor brought her steadfastly unattached
21-year-old daughter to the farm to see the babies.  They witnessed twin
kids being born. The daughter promptly proposed to her boyfriend and had a
baby.  She says that seeing the birth and the mother goat's behavior
radically changed her feelings. Anecdotal but interesting.  I'm a firm
believer in animal behavior informing our own (for better and worse).