Ken Steele wrote:

Jim Dougan wrote:

I do thing it is a reasonable hypothesis that meaningful exposure to animal husbandry will have a positive impact on the mentally ill. Sadly, that hypothesis was not adequately assessed in the present study.

Thank goodness, all those years of running pigeons was not wasted. I am prepared now to deal with trauma beyond ordinary belief.

Ken,

I fear that the effect is inversely proportional to the phylogenetic closeness of the observer and observee. Pigeons are pretty far away. Then again, perhaps the sheer numbers of pigeons you observed will make up for this. :-)

Regards,
--
Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology