From: Julie Osland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 3/7/2007 7:34 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] That's Incredible's "Rat Basketball"

Dear Tipsters--

Our department has a VHS of a segment from the "That's Incredible" TV
Program (hosted by John Davidson, Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby)
that features "rat basketball." It is a great 5 minute illustration of
what can be accomplished through operant conditioning, and out students
just love it. However, our copy is starting to wear out. On the tape it
mentions that in a previous season of the show, a 2-rat basketball game
was played but this episode features a total of 4 rats shooting some
hoops. And on the tape, it mentions a "James Devine" at "DeKalb
University" I've done some google searches, but haven't had any luck
finding the episode or this "James Devine" so I thought I would see if
tipsters could help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Julie Osland, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Wheeling Jesuit University