From: Miguel Roig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:47 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Origin of Thorndike quote

Hi folks. I love the following quote: "If a thing exists, it exists in some
amount; and if it exists in some amount, it can be measured" and I think I
have even seen it some TIPSter's signature line. A Google search suggests
that the quote comes from Thorndike's 1914 book Educational Psychology:
Briefer Course.  Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of that book and our
library does not seem to carry it either. Can someone verify whether the
quote indeed appears in Thorndike's book?

Thanks.

Miguel

http://acsun.frostburg.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=tips&text_mode=0&lang=engl
ish