In a message dated 4/6/2007 6:46:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

am assuming that some of the vocal contributors to this discussion are
atheists
or agnostics.  So, I'd like to ask two simple questions.  First, what is the
basis of your
moral code and ethical behavior?  Second, what is your creed, that is, your
moral code?

I don't practice any religion and I am not sure whether there is a god or not.

I am fascinated that most religions involve a god who is intensely interested
in each and every person's sex life and very keen to punish perceived
infractions in that realm.

I try to do good because it is generally better for everyone including me
when I do.

I am not sure from where the assumption comes that having a religion or a god
makes it more likely that one will be morally and behaviorally "good". I have
yet to see any consistent or empirical evidence to support this assumption.

Nancy Melucci
Long Beach City College