Oh, and 7 is also the magic age at which, suddenly, children can be guilty of
sin.
Beth Benoit

  I gave the age of 7 as the age when we introduce the deity belief system
because that is what many religions (including Catholicism) calls, "The Age of
Reason," the age at which it is recognized that a child can understand right
from wrong, and thus is able to comprehend the concept of a deity.
  Beth Benoit
    I wrote:

    > I've always thought it says a lot about our "belief system," that about
    > age 7, just when kids are getting into Piaget's operational stage, where
    > we expect them to realize that it's not logically possible for Santa,
    > the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny to exist, we start plying them with
    > a challenge to their newfound logical system:  Now we have them believe
    > in a being they can't see, can't hear, and have no physical evidence to
    > prove that it exists.
    Jim Guinee wrote:
    "Now" suggests that we wait to condition them to believe in God when we
    see them ditching TF and EB...you make it sound as if there is a
    deliberate conspiracy and deep down the guilty parties know they are full
    of it.