Well, I just discovered--I have amnesia of that week in ICU--that the day after
I was
admitted to ICU I dictated an e-mail to my son for my classes.  All the
students in the
four classes, 196 students, were first semester students.  I told them to run
the classes
themselves, to finish the project that was being presented at the time I had my
cerebral
hemorrahage and what to do to prepare for the second.  I guess I thought I'd be
back in
class in a few days.  Well, both the students and my colleagues tell me that
they ran all
the classes like troopers:  they wrote their own "Words for the Day" on the
whiteboard,
they wrote the one-word "how do you feel today" word on the whiteboard, took
role, and
presented.  Some even videotaped the presentations.  I haven't seen any yet.
They all
submitted the issue papers for the second project.  At that point, my classes
were taken
over by my colleagues as I went on medical leave.

Make it a good day.

      --Louis--

Louis Schmier
http://therandomthoughts.edublogs.org/
Department of History
http://www.newforums.com/Auth_L_Schmier.asp
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, Georgia 31698                    /\   /\   /\                   /\
(229-333-5947)                                 /^\\/   \/    \   /\/\____/\  \/\
                                                         /     \     \__ \/ /
\   /\/
\  \ /\