From: Pollak, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:13 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re:[tips] Am I expecting too much?

Suicide bomber is a pretty self-obvious term. But don't bet your life
that they'd know what an IED is, Chris. I just had a student in my
office asking for suggestions/source for a paper on "psychological
warfare" (for a writing class). The conversation drifted to "water
boarding."  She'd never heard of that.

Besides, "Kamikaze" is more than ancient history. It's entered the
English lexicon as general term. It's no more "ancient history" than is
the word, "vandal."

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
West Chester, PA 19383
Office Hours: Mon. 12 - 2 p.m. & 3 - 4 p.m.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 8 - 9:00 a.m. & 12:30 - 2 p.m. & by appointment.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/epollak/home.htm
Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist, bluegrass fiddler and
herpetoculturist...... in approximate order of importance.