Annette,

I can't believe that someone is using EMDR for weight loss. It hasn't
been shown to be effective for *anything*. NLP is not far behind in the
bogus practice field. I'd like to know the criteria by which Kaiser
decided to pay for this. Evidence based practice has a long way to go.

Bill Scott

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/12/08 4:41 PM >>>
AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

So, I'm doing this radical weight loss program through my HMO, Kaiser
(yes, I've researched it, as well as the options and think it's the
right thing for me) and I have to go to weekly 2 hour group counseling
sessions in addition to starving myself (not literally).

So far I've asked for two changes of counselors. The first one was big
on EMDR and this one, I find out in last night's session is a big fan of
NLP.

Heaven help us because the psychology profession seems to be sorely
lacking in critical thinking skills.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology