At the University of Binghamton, all of our dissertations defenses were
open to the public.

On Oct 29, 2008, at 1:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It is my understanding that in some countries,the defense of the PhD
> dissertation  takes place in public so any member of the public can
> seat in.I think Argentina was mentioned. Btw, are there dictates in
> Canada for dssertations
> to be made available in both English and  French? I am aware of the
> language police in Quebec.
>
> Send me something.
>  Michael Sylvester,PhD
> Daytona Beach,Florida
>

> ---
> To make changes to your subscription contact:
>
> Bill Southerly ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Steven M. Specht, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Psychology
Utica College
Utica, NY 13502
(315) 792-3171

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.