Just  to chime in with a similar report, take-homes were easy for those who'd
come to class and knew the text material beforehand.  Those who depended on the
book for last-minute answers didn't/couldn't find them.  Then, as now, it
wasn't a big surprise.   DKH

David K. Hogberg, PhD
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Albion College, Albion MI 49224
dhogb...@albion.edu                     home phone: 517/629-4834
>>> "Shearon, Tim" <tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu> 05/12/09 10:08 PM >>>

Karl and Bill
Same here with the take home exam. I usually do that in History and Systems
(though I do not give an option!). Last year I gave the option in a class the
next term. Three of the students from History and Systems said, as if they'd
rehearsed it, "Oh, please not one of your take homes!!!" That's one of the few
times during a class that I have laughed so hard I had tears. And I didn't
laugh nearly as hard as did the rest of the class.

And, yes. The hardest exams I took in grad school included take-homes in animal
behavior classes (Estep and Bernstein). And yes, I still remember a lot of what
I learned doing those exams!!
Take care all- I just spent a day on campus with our internet hubs completely
kaput! I hope I didn't miss too much on the list!
Tim
Timothy O. Shearon, PhD
Professor and Chair Department of Psychology
The College of Idaho
Caldwell, ID 83605
email: tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu

teaching: intro to neuropsychology; psychopharmacology; general; history and
systems

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." Dorothy Parker