From: "Christopher D. Green" <chri...@yorku.ca>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:23:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [tips] Mid-week academic humor

Mike Palij wrote:

I might as well get this out of the way now:  I truly apologize
to everyone everywhere for what I've writtern below.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:48:12 -0700, Michael Sylvester wrote:

A Prof, teaching a class in Criminal Justice,, was approached by
a very attractive co-ed after the class.The co-ed observed an
undulating shift in the topography and the outline of the prof's pants..
The student enquired of the prof "Is this a gun you have in your
pocket or are you just happy to see me?" As long as we're making awful jokes, a
more appropriate punchline
would have been:
(a) "Is that a piece of chalk in your pocket..." (which raises the question
of whether it was the regular small piece of chalk or the big piece of chalk
children use)
(b) "Is that an eraser in your pocket..." (for oddly shaped, er. y'know)
(c) "Is that a zucchini in you pocket..." (professors who are fans of
the movie "Spinal Tap") I believe that the punch line of Mike's (very old) joke
was first uttered by Mae West in the film Sextette (who may only be remembered
by TIPSters of a certain age, but should not be forgotten). There is another
version attributed to her involving a banana, but I cannot find the source.

Chris

--

Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology