michael sylvester wrote:

We in Daytona are mourning the death of Bruce Rossmeyer.He was killed in a motorcycle accident in Wyomng.
Any bikers in Tipsville?

Sorry, Mikey, but I have seen too many people that have been either crippled or killed in motorcycle accidents to have much interest. Highway speeds are too high; roads are too crowded; and there are too many drivers who are distracted by eating, texting, and other activities.

Two weeks ago I was returning from a friend's house when I was stopped while they cleaned up the mess of a head-on collision. The SUV looked like it had been karate-chopped in the front grill work. I looked for the other vehicle without success. It took me a moment to realize that the indent was the imprint left by a motorcycle going in the opposite direction to the SUV.

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University