From: Shearon, Tim [mailto:tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:57 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] Taste like chicken

Michael (oooooo, I'm going to regret this!)

Tis Friday so a bit light-hearted- even for those underground? At one
point you said, "As the only cross-cultural dude on Tips, I have
observed that some people here have  problems in describing the tastes
of mangoes,plantains,and  tamarinds." You remember that on TIPS? My
memory must be failing for I remember nothing of our discussions of
mangoes, plantains, or tamarinds- though thinking of them makes me
hungry! But you are correct that if folks aren't eating and reveling in
such diverse fare they are indeed missing much. (As to whether that is
true of American's I can't say though it isn't so for my acquaintances,
friends, or family).

Now for your most important and egregious error! "I understand that the
best ice cream is in Florence,Italy." Au contraire!! The best ice cream
is to be had under the ash tree at my uncles farm in Tennessee! About 75
yards from the cows/milking shed- prepared with ingredients from the
farm and prepared and served with love.

Hope you have a pleasant underground weekend.

Tim