I had a language requirement for both my BA and PhD.

I was fluent in Spanish, and the PhD examiner knew it.  My test was "suppose
you were in a bar in the Dominican Republic and you wanted to order a beer.
What would you say?"  I told him.  He then said, "Suppose you wanted two very
cold beers?"  I told him.

He signed the form, and I was done.

--
Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.