But of course, no indication of how well these assertions are supported (the authors are journalists after all, not psychologists).

On Nov 1, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

Actually, you will be glad to know that we already have the answer
about kids and involved dads. Specifically, involved dads raise more
aggressive kids and should not be involved at all, or at least go back
to the threatening/punishing mode (ah always knew me da was write!).

As you will see in tThe news article reporting on the book in which
"U.S. journalists Ashley Merryman and Po Bronson boil down a decade of
psychology, neurobiology and social-science research..."

a link:
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/progressive-dads-are-why-kids-act- out-in-school-sesame-street-will-make-junior-bossy-praise-sets-your- child-up-to-fail-play-time-is-the-road-to-self-control/ article1337898/?service=mobile

--Mike