I can't offer any explanation, but if someone else can, would you please
explain how they unfold those slices without tearing them up?

The visible brain sections on the block are beautiful. I believe they are
making a digital image of each one as the slices are made. I do hope some of
these get posted eventually!

I've been fascinated by this all morning!

Claudia