Claudia Stanny wrote:

I can't offer any explanation, but if someone else can, would you please explain how they unfold those slices without tearing them up?

I don't know exactly what they are doing but when I did rat brains then the slices are being placed into some liquid medium in a petri dish. A glass plate is immersed in the medium and the camel-hair brushes are used to float/unfold/coach the slices onto the glass slide. You need to develop a light and delicate touch otherwise you will tear the the slices.

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu