Just a couple of things popped into my mind with all the "tolerance" and
"open mindness" threads.

1) An imaginative conception of what might be true is the starting point of
all great discoveries in science. - Medawar

2) Remember what happened when Bill Marshall came up with the fact that
there were bacteria present in ulcers and they were a likely cause of
ulcers. In spite of marshalling evidence for his position he still was told
he was crazy. In desperation he actually swallowed a culture of bacteria
and showed (by performing an eddoscopy on himself a few weeks later) that
he had contracted numerous ulcers of the duodenum.

3) Remember the response to Garcia's taste aversion research?

No. I'm not for every nut who wants to call themselves a psychologist being
allowed to do so. Nor is every idea brought up by a psychologist with
credentials consistent with the principles he/she learned on their way to
acquiring the credentials. But Michael should be being encouraged by those
of you who think some of his ideas strange. Why? Because then you have the
opportunity for dialogue. That's what the list is for, isn't it? Just
another 2 cents.
Tim Shearon

Timothy O. Shearon, PhD
Albertson College of Idaho