Hi all,

For the last several semesters, I've been doing a "psychic"
demonstration (reading through sealed envelopes -- Another one of
those handy TIPS suggestions!) to get students into hypothesis
testing, which is then followed by discussion of independent and
dependent variables.

I love doing this for a number of reasons, but I also panic in
advance about not being able to get a confederate or being spotted
talking with a confederate.  Since this happens so early in the
semester, it's tough to know which students are in which of my
classes!

I'm interested in doing something different this semester.  I'd like
it to be something that still gets the students involved in creating
hypotheses, then generating ideas on how to test those hypotheses,
which then allows for discussion of IVs and DVs, and, ideally,
allows for discussion of random assignment..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sue

--
Sue Frantz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assistant Professor of Psychology      Office: (505) 439-3752