From: Claudia Stanny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 9:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Chickens playing Tic-Tac-Toe

Calvin Trillin has a wonderful piece in this week's issue of The New Yorker
about a chicken that plays tic-tac-toe in a an arcade game.  He talks about
the training of the chicken(s) for these games, originally by the Brelands
and later by the Baileys.  He also mentions that he once saw a video of B.
F. Skinner playing tic-tac-toe with one of these chickens. Since the game
is set up so the chicken always goes first and, I assume, response choice
is directed by a simple computer program, the chicken almost invariably
wins.  (Trillin notes that Skinner once managed to eke out a draw from the
chicken.)

My question is:  Has anybody seen this video or know of its whereabouts?  I
would love to obtain a copy.

Claudia

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology        Phone:      (850) 474 - 3163
University of West Florida      FAX:    (850) 857 - 6060
Pensacola, FL  32514 - 5751