Gary Klatsky wrote:

> I will be teaching History & Systems for the first time in the Fall and
> thought I'd solicit your ideas while you were in the middle of the semester.
> I'm looking for project, assignment and activity ideas that will make this
> class a more active learning experience for the students.

Hi Tipsters,

Just a couple of quick thoughts.

1. Our students are often naive when it comes to the history of the world.  As so
much of the work, theory, ideas, etc. of psychology developed in response to the
Zeitgeist, I have found that putting it into its historical/political context helps
stimulate interest.  In addition, it has helped with retention as now the "reason"
for some of the theories/ideas becomes apparent.

2. Students in my one class examining lives of women in the history of the behavioral
and social sciences developed a web page ( http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm/women.html
).  This project generated a great deal of enthusiasm for the course and material as
well as ownership of their own work.

Best wishes,

linda

linda m. woolf, ph.d.
associate professor - psychology

Web Page:  http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's (and woman's) best friend. . . .
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
                  -             Groucho Marx

Webster University
470 East Lockwood