Let me second the Plotnik text. I think people either love it or
hate it and I love it--especially the lay out.

For lower division students the layout helps them to organize like
material with like material and to see what then is separate.

I have the students also buy the CD rom that comes with it and they
have a mandatory list of exercises to hand in--the CD does have some
problems but I have learned what they are and how to get around them
so if anyone wants more info just email me.

I have had a few people ask me if the text is sufficiently comprehensive
since the layout suggests it might be lighter weight, but I have not
found that to be a problem.

The ancillaries are fine. I still find even the most of the 'difficult'
labelled questions in the test bank to be too easy, but they make a
good point of departure for writing my own items :-)

I also do A LOT of the activities from the instructor's manual.

annette

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan