Annette,
I always say no to this question. I think it depends on how one
operationally defines sound.  If it is the psychological experience we as
humans have to those movements of molecules, then the answer is no. I
generally define it as such. Other organisms do not have the same
experience as we do regarding their transduction of the movement of air
molecules. So called sound waves below 20Hz or above 20,000K are not
perceived by most of us as sound but may be by other organisms. Would you
characterize all molecule miovement, whether perceived or not, as sound ?
George

George Goedel, Chairperson
Dept. of Psychology
Northern Kentucky University