Rod--

Here's language from my syllabus regarding papers in gen psych; I find it works well:

Extra credit can be obtained by finding an article in a current newspaper or magazine
that is relevant to one of the topics we are covering in this course. The original
article is to be submitted, along with a typed and double spaced paper (300-600 words)
critiquing and analyzing the article based on information you have learned in this
course. NOTE: papers which can be summarized as: "This was a good article. I really
enjoyed it. I learned a lot from reading it." will NOT be acceptable. To get credit,
the paper must specifically relate the article to concepts and terms from the course,
and you will need to demonstrate how the marerial from this course has given you a
better understanding of the article.

Bob Ferguson, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Buena Vista University
http://ferguson.bvu.edu/

"The world is older and bigger than we are.
 This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow."
                                   --Edward Abbey

>>> "Rod Hetzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/17 8:50 AM >>>
     Hi everyone:

     I have enjoyed the comments about final exam questions.  Let me pose
     another question to you.  Does anyone have any unique and/or creative
     ideas for paper assignments in an Introductory Psychology class?

     Roderick D. Hetzel, Ph.D.
     Department of Anesthesiology
     University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
     Pain and Symptom Treatment Center
     2337 Clinton Avenue South
     Rochester, New York  14618
     716-275-3524 (phone)