Hi Folks,

I couldn't have said it better than Gary did--a big thanks to him
for emphasizing the importance of taking a clear stand on defamatory
statements. It's too bad that we still have have to expend so much
energy on this, but, in my view, it's clearly worth the effort.

Every once in a while (once in a blue moon, even), it would be nice to
get a response like 'Thanks for taking the time to help me understand
this issue--I now have a better appreciation of it' from Michael.

For what it's worth (Buffalo Springfield),
Hank
Hank Goldstein, Ph.D.            |   PHONE:  (319) 588-6305
Department of Psychology         |   FAX:    (319) 588-6789
Clarke College                   |   EMAIL:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dubuque, IA  52001               |
"You can always spot a well-informed person; her/his views are the
same as yours."
  Ilka Chase [paraphrased]