Greetings-
I'm wondering what the members of TIPS think about something:
I'm currently reading a recent study by Charles Murray (1998)
entitled "Income Inequality and IQ".  It is published by the American
Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington, D.C.  (AEI
Press)

Anyway, Murray states that 50% of the American population falls between an
IQ of 90 through 109.  OK, that sounds about right.  He then states that
"their intelligence easily permits them to be competent in all the core
roles of family and community life and to pursue any occupation not
requiring a college education.  Most of them have difficulty in completing
a college education, but some do" He also says that "historically, the
mean IQ of college graduates has been about 115"

He cites no sources to support any of the above statements.
Reactions?

Michael Tagler   Department of Psychology  Office: 559 Bluemont Hall
1100 Mid Campus Drive  Kansas State University  Manhattan, KS 66506
  ### Phone: (785)532-6850 (msg) ###   *** Fax: (785)532-5401 ***
                        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]