What I find extremely troubling is that there is a concern that Don's
response is degrading to Michael and those of you who find some merit in his
postings while there is not an equal concern that many of us find Michael's
posts degrading.  This is not the bar where the good ol' boys can sit around
and tell off color jokes. This is a professional group and there should be
some concern that we all act professionally.  I am not suggesting any form
of censorship.  However I would like to be treated with respect.  If Michael
would like to make a comment let him act a little less impulsively and think
about what he is saying and how it will affect his colleagues.

I have been a consistent Sylvester deleter.  I got sucked into this thread
by reading a response by Linda. Once someone responds and if Michael's name
isn't in the subject I don't know this is a thread that I will find
offensive and degrading. If the group thinks that it is ok to have mail that
offends their colleagues then there should be someway to identify those
posts as such.  Don may have been a bit dramatic in his suggestion but what
he intended (remember how important intention is) would be helpful.

I am getting to the same point Linda is at. Where is the civility and
professionalism of this group. One would be hard pressed to see this as a
group of Psychologists.  Having spent 15 years working in the commercial
world I am amazed that academicians are more willing to accept a hostile
work environment then they were in the defense industry.  It is not my
problem that Michael continuously says things that I find offensive.

Gary

Gary J. Klatsky
Department of Psychology                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oswego State University (SUNY)                  http://www.oswego.edu/~klatsky
Oswego, NY 13126                                        Voice: (315) 341 3474