On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Don Allen wrote:

> Stephen-
>
> Not quite double blind, but very very close.  You would also have to
> ensure that the therapists were equally convinced of the effectiveness of
> their treatments otherwise differential experimenter enthusiasm could
> affect the Ss responses.  That quibble aside, I agree that it would be a
> good test of cognitive (or any other) therapy.

I still see problems, if the cognitive-behavioral therapists and the
psychodynamic/humanistic ones were *different* people.  Hmmmm.... matching
C-B and P-H therapists on relevant demographic and interpersonal
variables... what would those variables be?  And would matching even be
possible?

Ann Muir Thomas, Ph.D.          http://erebus.bentley.edu/empl/t/athomas
"The Accidental Jewess"
Bentley College, Waltham, MA

"You aren't belittled by being little.  Only by acting small." --- Red