Hi

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Jim  Guinee wrote:
> On occasion, I have posted a question or statement.  Invariably, someone
> has responded to that question/statement, and send their reply to the list
> AND to me.  My initial response has always been, "Now I got it twice.  Why
> not just send it to the list?"
>
> I'm really curious -- why do folks do that?  Are there certain folks who are
> more inclined to do that?  Are there certain messages that prompt folks to
> do that?

On the Unix system I use, typing reply to a message asks "Reply
to all?" or somesuch.  I type Y (yes) because otherwise I do not
get the TIPS address in the Cc field.  I then cut out the
individual address which appears in the To field.  It is likely
the case some people are using similar systems and simply do not
edit out the To field address.  So it is not something they are
"doing" that produces the double message, it is something they
are "not doing," which is probably more understandable.  I
believe this aspect of the system is associated with the
much-debated changes last year.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9313
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L02A
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark