You might also want to point out that taste and odor both contribute to flavor.

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/07 9:37 PM >>>
Listfriends,

No I haven't deteriorated to posting soft core porn to the list.  This is re:
 Sense and Perception unit.  In discussing the division of the taste buds -
sweet, sour, salty, and bitter, a student asked what areas of the tongue
registered the really exotic and strong spices.  I told her that I suspected
that these spices would register combinations of the basic four, but also
told her (because that was just a good guess) that I would confirm with the
more knowledgable folks in the field.

So, was my guess good, or is there more/more accurate information I can give
to this student?

Thanks so much.

Nancy J. Melucci
Utility Infielder/B&SS