Hello Tipsters,
        I am an aging teacher.  Though not old my some standards (48), I am
beginning to feel impossibly remote from my students, who are the typical
college age of 18-21.  I don't want to get to the stage where I teach
without connection to the people I am teaching, as I have always found that
to be one of the joys of teaching.  Rationally, however, I only expect this
to get worse, and wonder if anyone out there has anything inspirational or
simply helpful to offer.
        I should add that I teach in a small liberal arts environment, with
relatively small classes.

Joe Hatcher
Ripon College
Ripon, WI  54971