Don,  as others have noted, I would make sure the door is open and
merely state class and school policy.  What are your goals for the meeting?
Do you wish to take judiciary action (or whatever disciplinary action you
have there)?  Do you wish her to redo assignments and behave?  Spell out
clearly what she must do.  Do you have a statement about unethical or
inappropriate behavior in the syllabus, college catalog, etc.?  Point these
out.  It sounds as if she will deny and be difficult--in which case having a
witness present MAY help, but you need to document your efforts to get her
in line.  If she persists, then take school action that hopefully is spelled
out in some institutional procedure.  Don't immediately take a
confrontational stance, but rather one of concern over her work and
performance in the class.   Just some thoughts,  Gary  Peterson

>Hi folks,

>I am facing, and dreading, a confrontation with a rather volatile student
>tomorrow, and I'd love to hear any advice you might have to prevent
>an explosion...
>
>This student is very entitled, if not downright spoiled, has an extremely
>low frustration tolerance, and is a bully.  Her classmates have finally
>come to me to ask me to stop demanding their homework to copy and turn
>in as her own.  I wish they'd stand up to her, but the buck must ultimately
>stop with me.
>
>Most recently this student took a students paper, copied it, and then
>when I confronted her, lied to me and told me that she had worked with
>that student, which he (the guy whose paper she grabbed) denies.
>
>How can I get the message across that her antics will no longer be
tolerated
>in a way that won't cause a screaming match?  Thanks in advance...
>
> -- Don
>

>--
>%%%%%%%%%%%%%  Donald Carter Davis, Ph.D. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>GREEN BAY PACKERS = A DREAM DEFERED, A DREAM DENIED | FIRE RAY RHODES
NOW!!!
http://www.mcs.net/~yyz/yyz.html<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<