For a different take on a personality text, take a look at "Personality:
Contemporary theory and research" (Derlega, Winstead and Jones, Eds.,
1999; Nelson-Hall).  I avoided teaching personality for years, because I
didn't really think a personality theories course was that useful, and I
wasn't that interested.  With this text, I teach personality -research-;
classic theories are not emphasized.  Each chapter is by a different
expert. I now -enjoy- teaching personality.

bob k.

Robert Keefer               Associate Professor
Psychology Department       Office Phone:
Mt. St. Mary's College      (301) 447-5394, Ext. 4251
Emmitsburg, MD  21727       e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Speaking for myself.]      fax: 301-447-5021