When I first started using PowerPoint, I put way too much on the slides.  Now
I use it as a brief outline with some graphics, etc.  It is especially useful
in my stats class.  I post the PowerPoint lectures on my webpage, using three
slides to a page.  This gives students room to jot down notes on the rest of
the page. I get very favorable responses from students about PowerPoint.  When
I first started posting them on my website, attendance dropped off
temporarily.  Now I make sure they understand that the slide printouts are no
substitute for attendance.

Sally A. Radmacher, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Missouri Western State College