I want to follow up on Annette's comment. I think she is correct in her
interpretation, but the question that then immediately came up was:
"Then why should we be giving it all to them?" What do we anticipate the
value of giving students our overheads, outlines, lecture notes, etc. is?
I am concerned that by giving them all this stuff we are switching their
focus away from thinking about the material and onto collecting ("What do
you mean I got a 'D?' I downloaded everything from the web site and taped
all the lectures...") and ignoring the textbook ("What shall I read, the 3
page chapter outline while skiming thru the 10 overheads or the 40 page
chapter?").

Sounding an awful lot like a luddite,

Vinny

Vincent Prohaska