Hello listmates,

The finding that women listen using both hemispheres of the brain, while men
use only one, hit the media here with all the usual idiocy accompanying it
i.e., "Here's more proof that women listen better..." ad nauseaum.

Holding aside the media's propensity for appealing to the idiot factor, I do
remember hearing that an actual benefit to women of the tendency to
bilateralization is a relatively better prognosis after strokes and the like.

I am assuming that of course I heard correctly because I was busy utilizing
both hemispheres of my superior listening brain...; )

Can someone confirm this, or enlighten me if I "didn't hear correctly?"

Bilaterally yours,

Nancy Melucci
Los Angeles Harbor College