Jessica wrote:

> Anyone have any recommendations for a good Introduction to Psychology
> textbook for undergrads? And reasons for the recommendation?
> Thanks so much.
> Good luck with the start of a new semester!

        Sure--Psychology (6th Ed) by David Myers!

        The book is well balanced between meeting a student's needs for learning
tools and meeting an instructor's needs for inclusiveness. I've compared it
to quite a few others and, apart from the fact that in spots Dave Myers
comes across as a bit more "conservative" in his views (not his
psychology--only his presentation of some examples), the text comes off as
far more "learning centered" than most. In addition the very extensive
Instructor's resources provide a great number of valuable tools for teaching
Intro students. I've used various editions of this text since I started
teaching (come to think of it, my _own_ first text in Psychology was the
same book in the first edition!) and the new edition (which I'll be using
for the first time this term) is by far the best yet.

        Besides, if it doesn't work for you, you can berate the author here in
TIPS--Dave Myers is a long time member of the list! :-)

        Hope it helps,

        Rick
--

Rick Adams